Emergency Stop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to wire a "metal work" section of a garage.

On a Ring, the mechanic would like to have Emergency Stop buttons above every socket outlet. Thus if any Power tool is being used, they can cut the power.

What is the best way of doing this ??

Sponsored Links
Feed the Ring Final Circuit via a contactor.Actuating any E.Stop will drop out the contactor.Use a reset button to re-energise the contactor thus giving a definate action to prevent unexpected energisation.
This can be quite involved for anyone not familiar with electrical work.If you have any doubts as to your ability to do this job then seek the services of a competant electrician.

Sponsored Links
An Electrician. Just not overally familiar with Contactors

I was thinking I could use a MSU Pushbutton Control Unit, but was unsure if this would work in a ring !? Or if every socket would need to be on its own Radial Supply, thus merely an ingoing supply.

This is how I would do it -

32A protective device at DB.Out from there in 4mm² to topside of a suitably rated contactor positoned next to the DB.Out from bottom side of contactor with Ring Final Circuit conductors (or 4mm² radial)
Feed a small in-line fuse (say 2A(T)) from phase topside side of contactor and then run 1.5mm² from fuse in series around all E.Stops (N/C) and back to one side of a reset button (N/O)on contactor enclosure.Wire from other side of reset contact to A1coil on contactor.Parallel wires from Aux. N/O contacts on contactor to reset button terminals.Neutral topside wire to A2coil on contactor.

Use latching E.Stops and maybe use a keyswitch as the reset to prevent unauthorised reseting

Job done.

Yes he could, or he could provide me with the assistance required to enable me to complete the job.

If anyone wants to do it for the same as I am, feel free.

Could you perhaps explain with the help of finger puppets?

piratedetail.jpg

Yaar!

kojakb said:
Wanna email me a wiring diagram ?!? :eek:

lets see, email you a diagram, but to where, since its not in your profile :rolleyes: (its against forum rules to post email address in your post)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back