Empathy and Intellect

D

dextrous

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/new...om=hp2&link=ticker_pos_1_link_1&article=index

What's wrong with some people. Do they not listen to the news, see headlines in the paper, or even try to empathise with their victims. Really is a complete failure of imagination. By the nature of what I do for a living, I don't like thinking of people (especially youngsters who have yet to be taught) as stupid.

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe some people are thick and can't work out "what might happen next if I do this" :confused:

Sponsored Links
I wonder if stuff like this happened at all in our grandads time or before.

Lack of discipline, Getting everything handed to them on a plate and knowing /doing ( drinking,smoking,adult movies etc.)stuff at a very early age is making the kids very insensitive and different emotionally.

But then how do you discipline in this day and age without the social on your back for child abuse? :rolleyes:

But then how do you discipline in this day and age without the social on your back for child abuse? :rolleyes:
I sometimes wonder whether our failure to discipline youngsters more effectively isn't an abuse in itself :confused:

Who hasn`t spent the last 2 decades more interested in property prices and holidays abroad - Baby Boomers - I`m ashamed to be one

Sponsored Links
I wonder if stuff like this happened at all in our grandads time or before.

Lack of discipline, Getting everything handed to them on a plate and knowing /doing ( drinking,smoking,adult movies etc.)stuff at a very early age is making the kids very insensitive and different emotionally.

As a middle aged man of 35 Im glad Im not a teenager in this day and age. A lot of children do seem to get it all nowadays, but it seems they live in a different world. I dont even understand how most of them type with all the abbrieviated stuff. Yes, I know the basics... IMO, LOL. Not a lot different to SWALK on letters you sent your bird when you were at school. Its one word abbrievations I struggle with.

Two years back, I had trouble with a young lad of 16 ish on a train. He pulled a knife after I told him to stop offending people on our carriage. It seemed obvious he'd brandished it before, but I may be wrong. He was quite drunk and belligerent and it was a bit uncomfortable.

David

Two years back, I had trouble with a young lad of 16 ish on a train. He pulled a knife after I told him to stop offending people on our carriage. It seemed obvious he'd brandished it before, but I may be wrong. He was quite drunk and belligerent and it was a bit uncomfortable.

David
I hope you took it from him and stuck it right up his red apple!

Something I found particularly disturbing about this incident was that the police picked up some of the perpetrators waiting at the bus stop to go home. Don't they realise they've done something serioulsy wrong or or maybe they can't tell the difference between reality and playing Grand Theft Auto. Was it just a case of 'Game Over' to them: time to go home an see what's for tea. You've really got to wonder what sort of adult guidance they're getting in their lives...

David

Something like that, and I was the one prosecuted, charged etc...

David.

Something I found particularly disturbing about this incident was that the police picked up some of the perpetrators waiting at the bus stop to go home. Don't they realise they've done something serioulsy wrong or or maybe they can't tell the difference between reality and playing Grand Theft Auto. Was it just a case of 'Game Over' to them: time to go home an see what's for tea. You've really got to wonder what sort of adult guidance they're getting in their lives...
Exactly what this post is on about. Like the bolger killers, can these people really not understand reality?

David

Something like that, and I was the one prosecuted, charged etc...

David.
So much for self defence. My attitude is that if someone attacks you or threatens to, then any amount of subsequent force is entirely reasonable.

Not in the eyes of the law Dex, Im afraid.

I used reasonable force IMO but a grown man my size striking a 16 year old, regardless of the fact he was carrying a knife was frownded upon.

Dont really want to discuss it, in detail, on an open forum though Dex.

David.

I cant now, charged and all done & dusted.

At the end of the day, he brandished a knife and I stopped him using it. I was guilty. He didnt attack me with it, so I wasnt defending myself I suppose.

David.

David.
Fair enough. On behalf on those on here of a like mind, well done though on preventing this half-wit from sinning further and doing even more damage to himself and quite possibly someone else. It's a thankless task.

David.
Fair enough. On behalf on those on here of a like mind, well done though on preventing this half-wit from sinning further and doing even more damage to himself and quite possibly someone else. It's a thankless task.

Thanks Dex. Just realised I can do that with a click of a button!

David

Sponsored Links
Back