EMPLOYMENT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i'm trying to find employment in the plumbing industry, i have my city and guilds NVQ 2 paper work but i am finding it hard to get employment because i don't have the necessary experinence. can any one help? I live in the Bristol area and maybe there is someone out there that might consider me? Any reply appreciated. Thanks steve.

Sponsored Links
hi steve,i,ve also jumped on the same band waggon but i'm too finding it difficult to find employment.i'm currently doing level 2.i think the plumbing experts ;) on here are a little bit weary of newcomers.i might be wrong but i think some of them think w'ere taking the p**s but hey you've gotta start somewhere.anyhow good luck in your quest pal :)

why should anyone think that SR.?

Everyone has to start somewhere

Good point taydo.

(Wats an exspurt anyway? Every day I find there's something else I didn't know, why are other people different?)

Sponsored Links
But WHY a plumber? There's a footballing vacancy at Everton, bloke left to get more than £10,000 a DAY

10 grand a day. f===in peanuts.would'nt get out of bed for it.plumbers get more than that surely?mindst you bet business is a little bit slack in antartica is'nt it oilman?cant imagine many pottertons waarmin tiglooss!!! rub them sticks boyo!!

Steve - I just started doing jobs for myself, and people I knew. All sorts infact - bricklaying, rewiring, decorating, plastering, woodwork, tiling, plumbing... I think yer average bloke can change a bathroom with a bit of reading and getting advice from a plumbers merchant here and there - and sites like this. Go for it!

the grass is always greener till you get there isnt it as for plumbing ? since when has there been a need to do an apprentciship i thought anyone could do anything with water ? or at least anyone that has read the readers digest would know how to

most plumbers i have seen are clowns trying to do jobs and look as though they REALLY know what to do you would make enought in a week on call out charges alone to justify going self employed bahh plumbers

Harsh Slogger harsh

as a self employed plumber and heating engineers of some 20 years standing (and never charged call out in my life I might add) I find offencive to say that why do you need to do a apprenticship for working with water.

I think you must be thinking of brickies mate ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back