Emulsion paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Using a Wikinson's emulsion, I tried to paint my kitchen walls, using first a brush, then a paint pad. Paint is going on very unevenly and streaky, showing brush marks and light/dark patches. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it? The previous paint I'm covering was smooth and even, so that's not the problem. :cry:

Sponsored Links
it's a kitchen. the walls will be dirty with cooking film of grease and dust. Look at the top of the wall cabinets near the cooker where it will be especially bad. You can wash them down with sugar soap until they seem clean. The dirt will mix with the new paint, making it dirty and patchy.

If it was dry dust on a ceiling, you could cover up the dirt with extra coats, but in a litchen, the added grease will mean it won't stick to the wall properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back