Enamel bath washers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an old enamel bath with 35mm Square holes for the taps, 50mm across its longest width.

The replacement taps have 40mm washers so obviously leave a little gap at the points of the square.

I can buy bigger washers to cover the holes but can anyone recommend something more visually appealing than an extra 5mm of rubber around the base of the tap?
It's also not the sturdier as the round washers are not fully engaging the square holes?

I was hoping to find some sort of 50mm chrome seat for taps but have so far had no luck?

Any recommendations would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
1. I suspect the item referenced in post #2 is too thin to allow the tap to be tightened properly.
2. Have a look at https://www.notjusttaps.co.uk/spares-tap-base-ring.html If the measurement suit it might do the job.
3. In the past I've had solid brass washers turned up by a local engineer, polished and chromed. But its extremely expensive (£150 plus), more than a new bath.

Thanks for replies. Excellent suggestions, sometimes it just takes the correct wording to find the right result

I will take a look.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back