end of week 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thats me done my first week as plumbing/gas lecturer at college, went very well, worked 32hrs, (taught for 23, prepared for 9) swapped about 2 classes with another lecturer, 1st one was pre apprentices who did a few weeks of 3 trades then chose plumbing, hopefully the college and partnership firms will be able to sort out apprenticships for as many as possible, 2nd class were adult trainees who are funding the course themselves from redundancy all from the same place, and some bursary help. showed both groups basic pipe bending, sanitary ware installation and worked towards fitting out 2 sets of new bays, both groups obviously had different outlooks and experience but both groups done very well, these groups will be mine for a few weeks till i find my feet then i will integrate into the gas reassessments and apprentice classes so i'm very happy with how its going and hope it all works out well, i have enjoyed going back to basics and reminding myself how to bend copper saddles properly etc :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Good luck Kirkgas, and all the best.

Try and remember You're not allowed to wack the little bar*********s, the younger the worse they are.

Sponsored Links
Did you really have to become another exception to the rule?

I always enjoyed saying that if you didn't know what you are on about, you can always become a teacher.

Ah well, I will have to limit myself to coppers it seems.

Just don't teach them all the tricks before they go out into the dog eat dog world.

can you still get them haven't seen one for years :?:

haven't brazed one in for years either ;)

Good luck Kirkgas, and all the best.

Try and remember You're not allowed to wack the little bar*********s, the younger the worse they are.

there is always a dark corner in the plant room ;)

can you still get them haven't seen one for years :?:

haven't brazed one in for years either ;)

No probs Kev :LOL:

I got took to the cleaners over a 100 of them.

I get them for less than £3 a 100, shop in the kings road charged me 35p each :eek: Cheaper than driving back to Bath and I was desperate :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back