3 Appliances go kaput in 1 week ..why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm at the end of my tether - any advice, suggestions very gratefully recieved.

2 Weeks ago, my aged Hotpoint washing machine appeared to die : it started it's normal wash cycle, then abruptly stopped. I thought the drive belt at the back had gone, but on inspection it appeared fine. So me and the wife decided to buy a new machine .. an Indesit washer dryer. In the meantime, the dish washr stopped working in exactly the same way .. the wash programme started then everything stopped before it filled with water. I realised that I'd disconnected its shared water supply when I removed the hotpoint, so I thought that the dishwasher problem would be solved when I plumbed in the new washing machine.

New washing machine arrives - the man from Comet plumbs it in, and checks that it turns on ok. He leaves, and so we plumb the dishwasher back into the shared Y-Valve, and try to get everything to work. Now the new Indesit stops working shortly into it's wash programme (although the dryer appears to work ok), and the dishwasher still stops 2 minutes into its wash programme.

What's going on ? I've triple checked the water supply to both machines and the leccy supply is activating the machine ok. Clearly, there is a problem common to all 3 machines .. it's too much of a co-incidence that all three have dies independently of each other. Could there be a problem with leccy supply fluctuations/earthing (the house wiring is a bit old and decrepit) causing the machines to only partially work ? Could there be a plumbing issue which I'm overlooking? The man from Indesit is coming next week, but I really don't think the machine is to blame.

I've got a 7 week old baby daughter, and the pooey nappies pile is mounting - any advice/guidance gratefully appreciated!

cheers
mat

Sponsored Links
because you bought a new washing m/c i take it it was old? (why else just buy a new one)
so i figure that all aplliances were bought at the same time? perhaps they are just giving up through old age? and you new w/dryer is just having "teething problems"

there is actually more to a washing m/c than meets the eye, to find out more visit here look at the section everything youwanted to...............

i am not allowed to lind directly to it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back