Engineer leaving British Gas ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. Have been with british gas now for 2 years and really want to leave, for many reasons but not going into details right now. Thinking of a move to Heat team, or Vaillant ? not sure just yet. Would be great to get a little feedback from anyone that has made the move from BG, or anyone that works for heat team (baxi) if anyone has anything to say about the topic I`m all ears.

Oh and i know the old saying..grass greener and all that, but i have grown to hate BG ! and all that comes with the stinking firm!

Sponsored Links
I was once in your shoes and left; best thing I ever done! Make the move and you surely will not regret it-no more selling crap to ppl who don't want it, no more g,a etc etc

Baxi and Vaillant would both be good options.

You are lucky to be in a position to have options. Are you sure you do have options?

Dont you think this would be better discussed in the CC where you are likely to get more replies and probably more open information.

Tony

Sponsored Links
dont think i would take the chance with baxi.....how many millions are they in debt now? vaillant/gloworm might be a better bet.

dont think i would take the chance with baxi.....how many millions are they in debt now? vaillant/gloworm might be a better bet.

broag have just bought baxi and they are now solvent.

I can understand the sentiment but I would say that the climate at the moment probably isnt ideal for a move for another 12 months or so. imho.

My bg customers in Hull keep telling me that they are geting phone calls from other utility companies trying to prize them off the bg contract. But I don't take the threat seriously as I pass a bg van around hull on the way to every job. Either I am being spied on or there is a huge bg force able to provide a fast response. In contrast I have yet to pass another utility company van at all. So how they expect to cover the service they are direct calling the customer to sell them I can't imagine.

for those of us who just need jobs sent down every day to put money into the bank, thee is no other player able to convince me they have a big enough slice of the market in a consentrated area to fill my bank account.

there is no alternative for service personel where I operate.

With regard manufacturers breakdown work, most would want 5 years proven breakdown experience. You would have to be very good to get such a job. If you have only been a asv level or breakdown level for under a year you would have to work hard at interview. Don't go in their with wide eyes saying "core it must be great to have every part you need on the van!" They would expect you to drive 200 miles per job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back