Engineers ha ha

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would hate to burst all the inflated egos on here,but how can you call yourselves "engineers".I cringe when i hear fellas say"heating engineer".I have seen how you become a real engineer,as my brother is a real engineer and is soon hoping to impress enough to make nasa offer him a job,so next time your about to say engineer,just say heating fitter or plumber,i have been in this game for 16 years and im still just a heating fitter,nothing more

Sponsored Links
I have found the advise on here very helpful and has helped me out of many situations, i am very appreciative of the 'Engineers' advise.

Merry Christmas

Kate

I have seen how you become a real engineer,as my brother is a real engineer and is soon hoping to impress enough to make nasa offer him a job

Yes and just look what mankind has gained from their 50 years and billions of $ & £'s of space exploration - The ability to watch a Brazilian broadcast of Coronation Street dubbed into Portuguese.

Sponsored Links
What do people call themselves nowadays, plumber, gas man, gas eng, heating eng?

I have seen how you become a real engineer,as my brother is a real engineer and is soon hoping to impress enough to make nasa offer him a job,

Gonna teach 'em how to tile a space shuttle then Eh?

I hope he doesn't use the plastic edging....It'll melt on reentry :LOL:

my brother is a real engineer and is soon hoping to impress enough to make nasa offer him a job

If he does go to work there then make sure he gets the "O" rings to fit properly!

Saunier Duval have lost their reputation for making boilers as their "O" rings always leaked.

Nasa lost a shuttle and five lives!

Tony

16 years so still a boy .Hence your stupid replies . the word is not apprentice but dick ....In all honesty yeah we are sad for spending a lot of time on here answering peoples questions, but we enjoy it . But to think that we are asses and to spend your time checking up and replying and slagging people.
Who is the biggest ass ..DONT THINK IT IS US..

And if that dont make sense ...AFTER 14 HOURS ON THE **** I DONT CARE. :cry: :cry:

I would hate to burst all the inflated egos on here,but how can you call yourselves "engineers".I cringe when i hear fellas say"heating engineer".I have seen how you become a real engineer,as my brother is a real engineer and is soon hoping to impress enough to make nasa offer him a job,so next time your about to say engineer,just say heating fitter or plumber,i have been in this game for 16 years and im still just a heating fitter,nothing more

curiously I agree with the sentiment.
the accolade engineer has been over the years has been cheapened to the point where even the street cleaners are sanitation engineers.
its not our defination or description of our role or jobs title.
this label has been used by desk jocky's to hype and spin a service they wish to sell.
people will buy anything if it has the right label on it.
engineer?
well to tell the truth...
my wife has a masters degree in engineering.
doesnt know one end of a spanner from the other, wont even inflate her tyres.
not because of that but because of the general over use of the description i cringe at the use of the word engineer.
people gain a perception and more often than not its generated by the media and commonly held missbeleifs.
eg all gas fitters are plumbers...
wrong
to actually pass and qualify under the acs requires a hell of effort and intelligence, to do the commercial element requires even more,
i dont want to slag off plumbers but the term is as over used as engineer.
I dont want to say what I am or what i do, you find out when you get the bill lol.
when i did my ITB apprenticship various trades were graded to your qualifications, building trades were lower down the list
instrument technician then was a fairly respected trade, followed by elctrical fitting machining pipe fitting etc...
clearly im not a plumber.
but the general public still perceive any gas fitter is a plumber.
its just plain wrong, end of....

I would hate to burst all the inflated egos on here,but how can you call yourselves "engineers".I cringe when i hear fellas say"heating engineer".

You wont burst my inflated ego in a hurry.
I totally agree with the other part of the quote though :!: I think the term Demi God should be in our title somewhere.
GTG now. I need to summon my Chief Executive Beverage Technician
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back