England or I die here ............Calais

How do you work that out? How does a foreigner purchase sterling by using sterling?
They don't, silly, they now get (15%) more pounds for their foreign money.

A euro only buys 83 pence.
I think it bought more than that a year ago.
Not counting commission -
Today:
You get 1.19 euros for your pound. They get 84p for a euro.
Last August:
You got 1.42 euros for your pound. They got 70p

A Euro was 69p when it was introduced.
Who's lost out in all the times the euro has been more than 69p?
It's never been less (I don't think)

Hasn't the euro dropped in value also?
Not compared to the pound.

Sponsored Links
From the foreign buyer's perspective, the price has dropped dramatically.

Yes. Quantitatively.

If only we didn't have a trade deficit - and have to pay for oil in dollars.

Sponsored Links
Just thought -

Has the 350 million pounds a week got to be paid in euros?

If so, we can now give the NHS 402 million pounds a week.

Does that not help our exports?
only until the manufacturers and the workers realise that they are being paid in shrunken pounds.

The machine tools, trucks, tyres, cars, TVs, mobile phones, cornflakes and bread that they buy are mostly imported, or made with imported parts and materials.

After a while the workers realise that they have effectively had a pay cut, and start agitating for an increase.

Our exports can only be sold below the market value as long as the cost of making them is lower than the market cost.

Furthermore, if the house you or your son had hoped to buy is snapped up by a foreigner, or by a Brit being paid in Euros, because he can buy it at a 15% discount, where will you live? Obviously you have already waved goodbye to that retirement home on the Costa or on Galway Bay.

Its a shame that we didn't have a responsible enough government that when they decided to have a referendum they didn't put in place the necessary organisations and planning to deal with the brexit scenario.
I always thought it would be a close call.

It's a shame the people campaigning for Quitting couldn't agree among themselves what it was they were campaigning for. Boris said it would include the Free Internal Market. Nigel said it would include restrictions on foreigners and fishing but would retain landowners subsidy. The Cornish were told it would impose fishing restrictions but retain Development Grants. They all said it would include £350m for the NHS except that Nigel knew it wouldn't but didn't say so until after the vote.

Which of the four options did you think you were voting for?

I voted to keep the pound. And to keep brussels out of the UK's affairs.

oops, sorry, my mistake. no Outist will ever say which one he wants.

I guess that's why nobody knows what "Brexit" means. And there is therefore no plan to achieve it.

oops, sorry, my mistake. no Outist will ever say which one he wants.

I guess that's why nobody knows what "Brexit" means. And there is therefore no plan to achieve it.

Brexit means we are independent from the EU. Its very simple.
No more being threatened with having to trade goods for foreigners.

h'mmm, you mean you voted for the WTO option? Why didn't you say so?

Did you agree with Gove and Boris beforehand, that was the option? Did they tell you that was the Brexit plan? Why didn't they tell the rest of us?

I had my mind made up as least 10 years ago so gove and boris didn't come into it.

Sponsored Links
Back