Entryphone Wiring Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, I'm changing the entryphone in our flat from an old Videx one to an Entryphone 201. I've followed Entryphone's wiring guide but when I connect the green to B,F or G I just get a beeping sound coming through the handset. I've tried wiring B, F & G together but same result.

There's also a 6th wire (black) but that was unterminated on the old one.

Any help appreciated, Cheers

Old Videx

[/img]

New Entryphone

Sponsored Links
Bit of an update.... wired as is in the photo below the key button opens the door but pressing the call button at the door does not sound the handset & there is no sound to the door or back from the door. If I connect B F & G together a constant beeping comes through the handset.

Thanks

are you changing just the handset ? is it a single flat or multi ? and what makes you think you can just swop over the handset ?

Sponsored Links
There are 6 flats in the building all connected to the entrance. I'm changing the old entryphone system in my flat for a new one. Simple enough swapover, just a case of getting the wiring right which is where I'm stuck.

I've followed the manufacturers guide http://www.entryphone.co.uk/pdf/phones.pdf[url][/url]

It is simple, you just need to know more about wiring than I do!

The brand doesn't matter as long as you change like for like & I am the landlord so it's all good!

sorry it does not allways work like that ! your old videx has a buzzer probably ac call signal your entryphone handset MAY not support AC call input. some do some don't.

As above - the handset you have obtained is not compatible.
Send it back, then buy a Videx 3101 instead, which will wire in exactly the same way as the old one did.

Hopefully your random wiring connections won't have damaged the main panel or the phones in the other flats.

Ah ok, thanks guys, very helpful. I've connected the old one back up for now. I'll speak to the guys at Entryphone tomorrow where I bought this one & see if they have a model that will work. Failing that i'll go with the Videx 3101.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back