Error code help please for Indesit Dishwasher DIF16UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to break the dispensing door latch off the dishwasher a couple of days ago and this prevented it from running a cycle. I ordered the replacement dispenser unit and fitted it, however the dishwasher starts running a cycle and then stops without opening the dispenser door. The error lights are different to the ones shown when the latch was broken - they now appear as the power light and the eco wash light - both flashing. Please can anyone advise what this combination of lights means?

Many thanks,

George

Sponsored Links
You haven't put the white clip on the back of the dispenser

Thanks for the reply. I have taken it apart and refitted. The white clip was already on, but have refitted anyway and started a new wash. This time, the lights 2 and 4 have displayed. Again, these are not listed in the user manual. Any ideas?

Thanks,

George

That's a heating element fault. Poss open circuit or a wire off.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have the dishwasher in bits on the floor at the moment. Can you confirm that to test the heater I need to place meter across the 2 element connectors. I have done this with a bleep test, but am getting nothing?

Thanks

thanks for your help, you have been a real help. Time to order a new heater!

Thanks again

George

Just to let you know that we've replaced the heater and it all works now! it saved me the £105 call out fee from Indesit, so thanks for your advice

George

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back