Error code on Electrolux Washer with no display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I noticed that some of you might be able to help me with my washer problem. I have an Electrolux EWF 16079W. The play button flashes green and nothing happens when I press it. I tried reading out an error code, but since the machine does not have a display it only produces a series of 5 red flashes followed by a green flash, then 5 red flashes again, one green and so on.
Can anyone tell me what might be wrong.

Thankyou all in advance.

Sponsored Links
History of the machine.
Been working fine, did the last wash programme complete properly and finish?

It was working fine and the last wash went without problems. A couple of weeks ago a sock was wedged in the drum rubber lining - almost sucked in to the space on the outer side of the drum. I managed to get it out, but I had the backplate unscrewed to inspect the insides before i discovered what the problem was.
While pulling the sock out I also cleaned the pump (through the access in the lower front right corner) it was very clogged.
Other that that it was working fine until a day ago, when the start button just kept on flashing green without responding to being pushed.

Ok so filter cleaned so perhaps just check that again, quick and easy.

Another simple check you can do yourself for elimination is check the drain pump and drum sump is clear but as you are unable to even select a programme to start its most likely going to be a loose connection or fault on thr main control board.

Always remove mains power before attempting any maintenance.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys.

I noticed that some of you might be able to help me with my washer problem. I have an Electrolux EWF 16079W. The play button flashes green and nothing happens when I press it. I tried reading out an error code, but since the machine does not have a display it only produces a series of 5 red flashes followed by a green flash, then 5 red flashes again, one green and so on.
Can anyone tell me what might be wrong.

Thankyou all in advance.
So that's error 51 motor triac fault on PCB,might be worth checking motor brushes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back