ESA

It's not cold enough for heating yet. I NEVER put mine on until the frosts arrive.

That'll save you something.

How do the others afford fags at £6 a packet? - That's over £40 a week on fags alone.

Sponsored Links
Chuck a car in and YES!.

get high rate mobility allowance, and swap that payment for a car, they are clamping down on DLA at the moment though....

There are people up the road have got a car - she is the one supposed to be sick - seen her in it twice in 18 months. He uses it to clear off fishing with his mates for days on end. Bad life? You've gotta be joking.

It's not cold enough for heating yet. I NEVER put mine on until the frosts arrive.

How do the others afford fags at £6 a packet? - That's over £40 a week on fags alone.

the stereo typical benefit claimant you are thinking of Joe.....they dont have such things as monthly payments.....they have top up keys to put a fiver on the lecky......if they have no money....it goes onto emergency electric.....then they pay back with the next top up....
they choose to spend their benefit money on cigs and booze.....and sit in their coat at home....

its a different world.....you wouldnt believe how some people live...its not pleasant.....

Sponsored Links
Nope.

I have lived here since 1999, running the same heating system and using the same appliances.

But my provider has decided that I am underpaying, so has doubled the monthly payment.

I was going to be £190, but I complained....

I'm going to talk to them again today and plead poverty.

the stereo typical benefit claimant you are thinking of Joe.....they dont have such things as monthly payments.....they have top up keys to put a fiver on the lecky......if they have no money....it goes onto emergency electric.....then they pay back with the next top up....
they choose to spend their benefit money on cigs and booze.....and sit in their coat at home....

its a different world.....you wouldnt believe how some people live...its not pleasant.....

Benefits' should be paid in vouchers that can be exchanged for meat, eggs, milk, children's clothes, etc NOT FAGS OR BOOZE OR SKY. :evil:

Benefits' should be paid in vouchers that can be exchanged for meat, eggs, milk, children's clothes, etc NOT FAGS OR BOOZE OR SKY. :evil:

i think thats what asylum seekers get...or they used to at least..

Nope.

I have lived here since 1999, running the same heating system and using the same appliances.

But my provider has decided that I am underpaying, so has doubled the monthly payment.

I was going to be £190, but I complained....

I'm going to talk to them again today and plead poverty.

How much were you underpaying and for how many years?

You either neglected the balance for several years running, or are running up over a £100 a month.

Unless people live in old homes that just pour the heat to the outside, I don't understand how anyone can rack up so much money in leccy.

It beats me how people on benefits all drive cars, have massive teles, sky subscriptions, smoke non-stop, drink, and are usually fat. Benefits need reducing - not increasing.

the simple facts are most people on benefits are hard working people with kids they can be earning up to 43k or up to 63k if they have kids with special needs that need child care

jeez, simon, sounds a bit desperate, I'll be thinking of you, if there is anything at all I can do to help, please ask, 'fraid money is a no no, I a'int got any.

For those, that have never done it living on benefits, is really really not nice at all. As Diane says, get all the help you need, you paid in, time to take that support out. And don't listen to the resident dickheads on here.

How much were you underpaying and for how many years?

You either neglected the balance for several years running, or are running up over a £100 a month.

Unless people live in old homes that just pour the heat to the outside, I don't understand how anyone can rack up so much money in leccy.

It's £70 for gas and a ton for electricity. Then there should be a payment of £20 added to pay off arrears.

I have been underpaying since April apparently. The guy I spoke to is worried that I will not pay off any arrears unless I use less fuel.

Needless to say, when I mentioned what kind of help there was for someone in my situation, I was told there was nothing.

Eddie, thank you for your concern. It warms the heart to know there are decent folk left in the world. Bless you.

And thanks for the advice.

Diane, thanks for looking up that link for me. I appreciate your kind help.

It beats me how people on benefits all drive cars, have massive teles, sky subscriptions, smoke non-stop, drink, and are usually fat. Benefits need reducing - not increasing.
Having been unemployed a few times in my life, I too wonder how the unemployed manage. Last time I was unemployed, the first thing to be given up was the car (an unnecessary expense, costing over £25 a week to keep on the road, without putting fuel in) Nights out were extremely limited to once every few months (if we were lucky) Had to give up the Virgin Media subscription (until I got another job) so the only internet access was at the local library.
Yet... Down the local, I find people who are virtually unemployable (at least they ain't worked in years and unlikely to do so) People who can afford to be in there lunchtime and evening , 7 days a week. Have the latest iPhone/GalaxyS. Have a laptop at home, 50" plasma screen tv c/w surround sound system. Beats me how they do it .

Sponsored Links
Back