Estimate for Bathroom units replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The connector to my toilet cistern has been leaking for some time and has caused water damage to the following:-

1. Panel behind toilet
2. Sink unit
3. Bath end panel

All of the above are currently in MDF.

I live in SW London.

I'd like to get an idea as to how much professional tradesmen on the forum think it would cost to replace like with like in terms of materials and fitting costs.

Cheers,
James

Sponsored Links
The opinion of anyone here will be of little value unless they have seen and are actually quoting for the job.

I'm pretty sure it's quite easy to imagine how much work is involved

1. Remove Toilet
2. Remove Sink
3. Raise bath
4. Remove Panels
5. Buy new Panels
6. Cut to size
7. Fit new Panels
8. Refit Sink
9. Refit Toilet.

The panels are MDF, so the cost would be mostly in the labour rather than the materials. I'm awaiting a loss adjuster, and would like to get a feeling as to how much would be a reasonable cash settlement given they'll likely offer that rather than want to undertake the work. I'm thinking £1000-£1500 to hire a reputable company?

Sponsored Links
the loss adjuster is not there to help you, he will give you as little a possible or nothing at all if he thinks its your fault for not fixing the problem.

1. Remove Toilet
2. Remove Sink
3. Raise bath
4. Remove Panels
5. Buy new Panels
6. Cut to size
7. Fit new Panels
8. Refit Sink
9. Refit Toilet.

Still waiting for the pictures!

Andy

1. Remove Toilet - breaks on removal-additional cost
2. Remove Sink- pulls out all tiles behind it-retile--additional cost
3. Raise bath- trapped under tiles requires bathroom retile as tiles no longer made.-additional cost
4. Remove Panels- destroys frame and reveals water damage to floorboard, and joists, new floor and ceiling to floor below needed-additioanal cost.
5.No service valves fitted to mains requires freeze kit to isolate-additional cost

Is this easy to imagine :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back