Estimate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

just doing some renovations, and want to create a downstairs cloakroom toilet.

so I wondered, how much roughly would I be expecting to pay for the following work...quite a long list lol excluding materials.. just for the labour work as I will be supplying all materials But dont want to be ripped off so I wondered roughly what would be a rough price that I can expect to be charged so I can budget for it and know what prices are reasonable.

The room is 6 feet long, by 4 feet wide.

Floor needs digging up to move the soil connection back towards the wall 12" or so.. due to old style toilet when the house was built.

then the old clay soil pipe needs cutting presumebly, and converting to plastic.

then the hole filled in and made good.

install a new waste pipe from soil connection to the cloakroom sink.

new stopcock for the house water supply (as it is inside the room, and currently original.. soldered onto copper pipe and no longer functioning properly)

rip out all the existing copper pipe, which comes from the stop cock and currently goes to old toilet connection and a couple of washing machine connections... so there is also a hot water pipe that needs ripping out.

replace all copper pipe with new pipe, to include for the addition of the sink.. and toilet cistern feed, all clipped to the wall etc.

install a new small radiator into the room, including copper pipe and connect into the bathroom radiator above the ceiling.

box in all the pipes on the wall where the toilet is located (4ft wide) so that includes the sink waste pipe, soil pipe, and water pipe. Then clad with wood.

create stud wall around the waste and water pipes on the long wall behind the sink (6ft long) then plasterboard over.

Replace damaged ceiling completely, and repaint. (was damaged previously when the bath was leaking water down the side, improperly sealed)

Remove a surface mounted wall socket, and chase another cable currently surface mounted into the wall for the understairs cuboard.

Install earth for incoming water supply

Install earth bonding

Remove skirting board

Tile Floor

Tile all 4 walls

Install toilet and sink.

Change pullcord switch

Change ceiling rose fitting for new waterproof light fitting.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
These posts are just incredible :cry:

How and why does anyone think it is possible on a forum to give even rough pricing for such a range of tasks and that's even without wondering why anyone would go to the trouble of doing so. Especially if they
dont want to be ripped off
for their wasted time.

OP. Standard advice. Get three quotes which will hopefully show you what is reasonable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back