EU tells Macron to wind his neck in

One aspect of the anomalies i have mentioned is the fact that a lot trucks that normally travel from the GB to Ireland have been rerouted via N. I. in order to avoid EU regulations

That’s complete bulls hit.

If that was true, exports from GB to NI would not have gone down, they have.

it also ignores the fact exports from mainland Europe to Ireland have shot up…..and lots of those goods go from warehouses in Ireland to NI.

back to the drawing board for you.

Sponsored Links
Apologies Notchy, the above link may be too technical for you to understand

personal insults…..ah yes, it’s what people do to hide the fact they’ve no counter argument.

it’s really eating you up that Brexit has pushed NI closer to Ireland and away from GB.

have mentioned is the fact that a lot trucks that normally travel from the GB to Ireland have been rerouted via N. I. in order to avoid EU regulations

All goods going from GB to NI require transit documents, customs declarations and if food an export health certificate.

goods from EU to NI require none of those

It is only border checks which have been relaxed during the grace period.

So how would re routing gain anything.

Sponsored Links
French also said they could block Calais and the channel tunnel rail link as part of an effort to block Christmas supplies to the UK

This follows threats from the French to cut power supplies to the entire British mainland as well as the Channel Islands

the scoundrels :ROFLMAO:

blimey ramming boats

assisting migrants crossing the channel

next they will be sending agents over here to conduct sabotage and
Other hostile acts

“historical distortion of Irish economic data by tax-driven accounting flows
That was my point.
Historical distortion of Irish economic data are the operative words.
Nothing much appears to have changed.
All goods going from GB to NI require transit documents, customs declarations and if food an export health certificate.

goods from EU to NI require none of those

It is only border checks which have been relaxed during the grace period.

So how would re routing gain anything.
Companies from GB have been setting up bases in N. I. according to the Irish Times in order to re export to the EU.
an article written by Harry Western…..a fictitious name. Clearly whoever wrote that article is too embarrassed to put his or her real name to it.

I note nothing at all in that article is linked to any source data whatsoever.
Better no data than bullshit nonsense from the usual suspects.

Why don't you give a detailed account of the type of goods that account for this rise in cross border business.
Pharmaceuticals can account for a rise in cross border trade and that rise is due to the Pandemic.
There was an 8 fold rise in the sale of gas to the Republic, that is another factor.
According to the Irish newspapers a number of companies from GB have relocated to N. I. in order to gain access to Europe.
JCB bought over a company called Wrightbus in County Antrim, Wrightbus were the manufacturers of the new Boris buses for London transport but they went bankrupt, JCB may have bought Wrightbus in order to export to Europe although i don't know that for a fact.
Notchy instead of just pulling out statistics you found on the Internet, you need to show how these figures you quote were arrived at.

That was my point.
Historical distortion of Irish economic data are the operative words.
Nothing much appears to have changed

Thank you for confirming you are conflating.

“nothing much appears to have changed”

According to the Irish newspapers a number of companies from GB have relocated to N. I. in order to gain access to Europe

Yes of course, I’ve been saying that for a long time.

it proves the benefits of being in the Single Market and underlines what a sh1tshow Brexit is.

It also means Northern Ireland is becoming more aligned to RoI and the rest of the EU and away from rest of UK.

Why don't you give a detailed account of the type of goods that account for this rise in cross border business

before you claimed it wasn’t true, now you are asking what that trade rise is made up of.

so you admit it is true.

I don’t know what the breakdown is, I shall look into it.

I’ve certainly seen people on other SM saying they run businesses in NI and it’s cheaper and quicker to buy from RoI or elsewhere in SM

before you claimed it wasn’t true, now you are asking what that trade rise is made up of.

so you admit it is true
Calm down Notch, everything will be OK.
I don't know what to say, i don't want to upset you anymore than i should.
All i said was that economic statistics from the Irish government should be treated with caution.

That’s complete bulls hit.

If that was true, exports from GB to NI would not have gone down, they have.

it also ignores the fact exports from mainland Europe to Ireland have shot up…..and lots of those goods go from warehouses in Ireland to NI.

back to the drawing board for you.
You Wish.

French also said they could block Calais and the channel tunnel rail link as part of an effort to block Christmas supplies to the UK

This follows threats from the French to cut power supplies to the entire British mainland as well as the Channel Islands

the scoundrels :ROFLMAO:

blimey ramming boats

assisting migrants crossing the channel

next they will be sending agents over here to conduct sabotage and
Other hostile acts
When was the last time the French won a war,

Sponsored Links
Back