Euro 46 upgrading bits.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya
Quick Q after the mega quick response on my last question :)

I asked my alarm engineer about upgrading my system, mine is a software version 8 which is unable to extend to include a wireless card, is a complete new system the only way to do this? I like the system so didnt really want to change it just to add some PIR's into the garage and shed.

2nd one, as with changing the PIR I did last week, I want to change the internal speaker to a Pyronix one or similar (purely cosmetic) my current one is a big square thing, it only has 2 wires which run from the key pad, had I just replace with any 16ohm speaker? it has no tamper wires.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any 16ohm speaker will work, preferably with tamper but its up to you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.
I don't have any access to anything, I'm just an end user that wants the latest bits on my alarm :)

I want to be able to use the Pyronix cloud app but I feel my engineer is not part of this and is pointing me in the direction of just having phone line dialler, his suggestions was to replace the current system with a new panel and re wire current PIR's etc to the new panel and add further through wireless.

Thanks for the advice on the speaker, i only have 2 wires from the key pad so don't think I can add tamper?

If my engineer is not able to put me on the Pyronix cloud app, how do i find an engineer or company that can?

Thanks

To have the app you need to change panel for a newer 46, then you can re-use all existing keypads and detectors etc & add wireless.

If you have spare zones in the keypad you can run the speaker tamper into one of these inputs.

What area are you in?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Too far for me to help, but either way you need a new panel to be compatable with app & V9.0 upwards to run wireless.

Thanks for the info as always, just took my internal sounder cover off and it has the wires coming from the Keypad, however its different colors to the PIR I changed, I've placed a pic below, on the sounder Yellow and Green are for the power but in the PIR it was Green and White..... Pic of PIR below, does this matter?

Attachments

• IMG_1557.JPG
    IMG_1557.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 116
It makes no difference what colours are used as long as they are the same colours at either end.

The sounder if run off a keypad should wire as follows:

Speaker + to keypad +
Speaker - to OP on keypad
Tamper wire 1 > to - on keypad
Tamper wire 2 > to one side of a 2k2 resistor then the other side of resistor goes into Z1 or Z2 then programme the zone as 05 Tamper.
(Speaker is not polarity conscious so can be wired either way round)

Appreciate that, thanks, on the 064 panel there is a screw underneath, but how does it open, seems fixed tight even with that screw out?

Loosen screw but dont take out, pop a small flat blade screwdriver in between backplate & keypad on the left side & then the right side, then crack it open using the top lugs as a hinge. Not great, but thats pyronix for you.

Thanks you, have tried but cant do it, dont want to break it so will wait for my engineer to return or pain round it if hes not back! (decorating hence the changes to items to freshen up)

Last question I promise.

I have in my hall

Door Contact, Euro 64 keypad, alarm speaker (off key pad) and PIR.
I have come to change this one as i have dont with the others and have stumbled upon another question.

The PIR is a Visonic Coral Plus, i want to change to a Pyronix KX PIR like the rest of the house now is, when i have opened it, I have the wires from the Door Contact going into it (only 2 connected) and 2 resistors, now the new PIR has what looks like built in resistors so can i use the caps supplied instead of the actual resistors?

I have attached the pics.

If its too complicated then I'll just have to wait, but thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image11.JPG
    image11.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 165
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 104
Thankyou, am i ok to split the 2 wires from the door contact and re wrap when i've changed the PIR? what is that stuff called as ill need to buy some

possibly that then...... didn't think that would be used on alarm wire

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back