Euro 46 upgrading bits.

It makes no difference what colours are used as long as they are the same colours at either end.

The sounder if run off a keypad should wire as follows:

Speaker + to keypad +
Speaker - to OP on keypad
Tamper wire 1 > to - on keypad
Tamper wire 2 > to one side of a 2k2 resistor then the other side of resistor goes into Z1 or Z2 then programme the zone as 05 Tamper.
(Speaker is not polarity conscious so can be wired either way round)

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, I have now done the plastering and un boxed the replacement internal speaker, the instructions seem to relate to wiring to the main board, however if I follow the above wiring instructions kindly provided to wire into my euro 64 keypad will it recognise the speaker without programming? I just trial fitted with what is currently in place of the old speaker, 1 wire from PRG and 1 wire from D2+ to + and - on the pyronix one and nothing happened.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What sounder are you using? If its a 16ohm speaker cone type then wire into Keypad OP and +, leave output programmed as 0000 (not used) -no programming required.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply, i'm going from a cone type speaker to a "Pyronix Internal Sounder" the proper alarm one

Ok, test the sounder by wiring in the + into keypad and tapping the neg on the normal neg terminal, this should produce sound, move the neg wire into the keypad output and test. Let us know what happens? What sounds are you after, alarms only, entry exit only or both?

Sponsored Links
OK, just to check, i've taken the existing wire from PRG on the Key pad and changed it to + then put it in + on the sounder, and the same with - and -...

Hang on, just did + to + and - to - and it made a noise, but i'll do your way now, sorry..

Yeah neg to neg and pos to pos will, this is what i suggested to test it. You dont want it making a noise all the time hence the neg goes into the o/p on keypad. I presume this should work as your expecting it too.

Doing this..
PRG on keypad to Neg on sounder
+ on keypad to Pos on sounder

The sounder omits no noise for any function, exit, entry, tamper or the beep beep beep when i enter engineer mode, all still come through the little speaker in the key pad

In that case your have to prog the output to function to do only one of the following:

Alarms : Siren Any
Or
Entry Exit tones: Entry Exit

A 16ohm speaker would work better here imo.

No Problem, appreciate the advice, will stick to the speaker i have, the Pyronix looks much nicer!!
That's was the only reason.

BR

Just thought id update this thread in case anyone else was searching for the same, the Pyronix Internal Speaker really doesn't like keypad wiring, best to stick to the advice above and run a normal 160hm speaker, have now wired to the main panel, connected + & - to power and SPK and BEL to the corresponding outputs on the main panel and all is good.
Appreciate all the advice, if anyone knows if its possible to cancel the key pad speaker now id be appreciative :) no worries if you can't

Press and hold D until it asks for security code, enter 2000 press yes to go through menu and your see keypad volumes. Press A to esc... And yes ideally a 16ohm speaker for all your entry exit tones.

Thanks you, enter "2000" or the engineer code?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back