Euro cylinder locks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
I have a quick question for the floor...
My father has a upvc porch door with a eurocylinder lock on it. The handle does not turn on outside but does on inside. Obviously this is to stop people just walking into the porch area. I would like this type of lock on my upvc door but cannot figure how its done or do I have to buy a new eurocylinder lock that does this because my door opens from both sides unless locked each time.
Any suggestions please would be welcome?.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You would need to have a locking mechanism with 2 spindle holes, Take off your handles to see if there is a 2nd spindle hole just above or below the one your handle is using.

Assuming you do have 2 holes you would only need the correct handle and a split spindle. If you don't you would need a whole new locking mech.

Personally I advise against them, My old company used to fit them to every door and I would have to go and drill out a lock at least once a week where someone had locked themselves out. Come to think of it it was probably a good little money maker for them :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
2 ways of achieving this but both need the correct mechanism

Gazmans suggestion or 'Split follower'

The follower is the square hole in the mechanism that the spindle passes through, if the follower is split down the middle i.e. the outer half turns independantly of the inner then by using a split spindle both handles will work independantly of each other

And as Gazman says you can easily be locked out with a split system, effectively just like a yale lock set up, if your used to pulling your pvc door to on the latch as you pop out to the bin or if the wind slams it shut then your locked out........unless you have the keys with you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back