eurolock security

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

I shocked myself the other week having watched a 3 minute video on youtube, I managed (first attempt ever) to remove a lock from a upvc door and gain access to my own house. Now I did have access to both sides of the door etc but I could of done it from the oneside if I didnt mind mangling the door handle with a claw hammer.

So this spurred me into thinkng about an upgrade.

Then I have read on here about an ordeal I really wouldnt want to happen to me and my wife would be in pieces if it happend to her and has got my credit card out and ready to order some parts.

Now Alarm on here pointed out the sash jammers which I have already ordered for doors and windows throughtout the house. And also pointed to an ABS avocet lock.

I have researched this lock along with 3 others ICL, Assa adn UAP.

Now all claim to do the same and have websites which let us know they are all the best. But im not sure. The ABS one seems better but is the most expensive at 40quid where the UAP on is the cheapest at 18quid

Could anyone enlighten me to the differences in these lock and what may make some dearer than others. For the like for like anti bump and anti smap locks.

I like the smaller price as I have 4 doors to sort out. But then if the extra 20quid gets me anything extra (other than the brand) Then It would be money well spent I guess.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Sponsored Links
I can't comment on the other locks but recently replaced my shed door lock with the ABS Avocet and intend to now replace the main house locks with the same.

I also replaced the door handle at the same time with one that covers the external face of the lock making it even harder to get at.

However, even with the lock alone I'd be very happy and would highly recommend it.

Hope this helps some,

Chris

Basically you get what you pay for, I would go for the high (er) end dependent on your finances.

Get the smallest you can so there is little to get hold of so to speak. I wont go into too much detail but their anti bump is better too as they use the max height pins through the whole of the cylinder. Also the better handles which cover are a good idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back