EV are they worth it?

ICE is a mature design with these problems sorted out long ago.
Electric propulsion may not be that immature ;)

1699738771001.png

Sponsored Links
Electric propulsion may not be that immature
Indeed, electric cars came first and were targeted at women who did not need to wander far from home, nor had a desire to get involved with all the dirt and noise that came with ICE vehicles of the day

The then-primitive technology level meant it was easier to develop and refine ICE cars than electric, giving us the hundred year reign of all the factors we've come to love about ICE. It's an uphill challenge for EV but our technology level now means they're surmounting it.

The biggest problem is shifting people's expectations and behaviours - they're naturally traditional and mostly sheeple that don't form independent opinion based on careful research and weighing of the options. Instead it usually works better to teach it out of younger ones than change the minds of older ones.

Give it a few generations; slavery, racism, smoking, open fires, the list of ideas and notions that were workable at the time but fall/fell out of favour as enlightenment dawns is endless

New EV battery started fire. I reckon water got in from the AC ducts and caused ignition.

Sponsored Links
It's an uphill challenge for EV but our technology level now means they're surmounting it.
When I can blast across Europe for nearly 700 miles without fuel stops in an EV like I can do in my 19 year old van, then I'll take EVs seriously. Until then, they're only practical for townies who don't leave their cities.

How often do you do that?

What drugs do you take to combat driver fatigue?

No it wasn't done in one go. :rolleyes:

It meant 700 miles of no range anxiety. It meant almost 700 miles before I needed to start thinking about replenishing a readily available fuel source at service stations dotted along Europe's motorways at regular intervals. It meant not having to worry about having charge points that had people queueing for them. It meant not turning up to refuel and finding broken charge points. It meant not turning up to refuel and find incompatible charge points. It meant not turning up to refuel and finding I needed to download yet another app first on my non-existant smart phone. It meant not having mess around with apps, cables, chargers, etc, etc in the freezing dead of night. It meant not having to sit around for an hour in the freezing dead of night. It meant not having to grapple with charger instructions that may not be in English in the freezing dead of night in a foreign land. It meant the confidence of going for 700 miles day and night without any refuelling worries.

Just cruise for 700 miles, quickly squirt some more motion lotion in the tank and off we go for another 700 miles. :cool:

Last edited:
Except that I know it to be true. My relative has since deceased, though her niece now has the house.
Petrol does not spontaneously combust. For a female owner, I would blame the garage for doing stuff causing it catch fire.

Sponsored Links
Back