Even the UN recognises the dishonesty of the Brexit campaign

Sponsored Links
We've done this one before.
Murder could be jealousy motivated, it could be greed motivated, it could be rage motivated, it could be drink or drugs motivated, etc.
Similarly other crimes have a variety of motivations. A race hate crime is motivated by racial prejudice.
It's simple and obvious when you can think of it in those terms.
Aah, but you couldn't. :rolleyes:
You can't make laws for sh1t like that - they don't work, they never will
I think you've lost the plot, by a long way.

In what sense ?

The title should clearly read

"Even the UN recognises the dishonesty of the Brexit EU Referendum campaign"

...because that is what the article states. There was a good deal of divisive comment and rhetoric on both sides of the argument, granted the xenopobia was one sided. Just as now, post referundum, there is a responsibilty of all MP's to tackle the xenophobic behaviour of the vocal minority. And they are the minority.

Nozzle

The brexit campaigners lies pales into insignificance in comparison to what the remainers did, with the government in cahoots with eu leaders and other powerful lobby groups to dupe the people.
Its been a fantastic result.
An example of the remainers "divisive, anti-immigrant and xenophobic rhetoric". If you can.

I wrote "Granted the xenophobia was one sided", so I'm not trying to paint that argument. But as for divisive rhetoric? I'll start with the very daftest and we can go from there. "Brexit = WW3". divisive rhetoric, if ever I saw it.

Nozzle
I don't think that's a reasonable argument. Cameron argued that the EU had helped to create a peaceful Europe. Only the Brexit team claimed Cameron m0eant that WW3 would break out.
Perhaps you could find some articles to elucidate the claim and counter claims.

Sponsored Links
Murder could be jealousy motivated, it could be greed motivated, it could be rage motivated, it could be drink or drugs motivated, etc.
Similarly other crimes have a variety of motivations. A race hate crime is motivated by racial prejudice.

In what sense ?
You make a comment about hate crimes not relating to race because all crimes are hate related.
I respond with the explanation of that it's the motivation of the crime that causes description (BTW it's defined as Race Hate Crime, not just Hate Crime)
And you respond with some expletive about making laws not working.
You've lost the plot and you're off-topic.

In what sense ?
You make a comment about hate crimes not relating to race because all crimes are hate related.
I respond with the explanation of that it's the motivation of the crime that causes description (BTW it's defined as Race Hate Crime, not just Hate Crime)

And what proportion of crime is motivated by race hate as opposed to hate ?

And do you realise that by attempting to answer this question you'll make yourself look a tw@t ?

In what sense ?

And do you realise that by attempting to answer this question you'll make yourself look a tw@t ?
I don't know perhaps you could do the maths:
In 2013/14, there were 44,480 hate crimes recorded by police in England and Wales. Of these, 37,484 were recorded as race hate crime and 2,273 as religious hate crimes...
On average, that is about 130 incidents per day.
http://www.irr.org.uk/research/statistics/racial-violence/
I make it about 4% based on 2013/2014 hate crime figures. As we now know there has been a 47% rise in hate crime since the referendum, so that'll be about 6% now. That's based on UK overall violent crime and England and Wales hate crimes, So the figure will be higher.

That's 'back of a matchbox' estimate.
upload_2016-8-26_18-45-54.png

http://www.ukcrimestats.com/

The Institute of Race Relations monitors deaths with a known or suspected racial element in the UK.[1]Our research indicates that in the twenty years after April 1993 that there were at least 105 such deaths in the UK.

Does that make me look daft?

In what sense ?

I don't know perhaps you could do the maths:
In 2013/14, there were 44,480 hate crimes recorded by police in England and Wales. Of these, 37,484 were recorded as race hate crime and 2,273 as religious hate crimes...
On average, that is about 130 incidents per day.
I make it about 4% based on 2013/2014 hate crime figures. As we now know there has been a 47% rise in hate crime since the referendum, so that'll be about 6% now. That's based on UK overall violent crime and England and Wales hate crimes, So the figure will be higher.

That's 'back of a matchbox' estimate.
View attachment 104146
http://www.ukcrimestats.com/

The Institute of Race Relations monitors deaths with a known or suspected racial element in the UK.[1]Our research indicates that in the twenty years after April 1993 that there were at least 105 such deaths in the UK.

Does that make me look daft?

If you get by a rock does it matter what rock it is ?

you are 7 times more likely to be murdered in prison ?

That graph wat sit that was posted up is not accurate , they never are .

Sponsored Links
Back