EVEREST MAN IN WHEELCHAIR

B

BOB.DOLE

What gets up my nose is this idiot goes up the summit of everest in a wheel chair and on the way down gets into difficulties and starts moaning that other climbers ignored his pleas for help.
This man HAS no brains has well as legs what the hell was this moron doing up there in the first place.

Sponsored Links
I don't really know the story you're on about, but can guess at most of it, but would like to know how come the limits of human achievement are being pushed back so quickly.

For example, 50 years ago a four-minute mile was the absolute pinnacle of what could be done. I'm not saying I could do one, but they are reasonably common amongst athletes these days.

Similarly, climbing to the top of Everest was the same, but now has someone managed to wheel their way up there ? Or was he dragged up ? Even so, climbing Everest whilst dragging up your mate in a wheelchair seems an awful lot harder than just climbing it in the first place.

Before that, I wouldn't have imagined that the humans of, say, 1900 weren't much different to the ancient romans in what they could achieve, so given this rate of advancement, are we destined to become super-humans in a hundred years or so ?

johnny_t said:
I don't really know the story you're on about, but can guess at most of it, but would like to know how come the limits of human achievement are being pushed back so quickly.

For example, 50 years ago a four-minute mile was the absolute pinnacle of what could be done. I'm not saying I could do one, but they are reasonably common amongst athletes these days.

Similarly, climbing to the top of Everest was the same, but now has someone managed to wheel their way up there ? Or was he dragged up ? Even so, climbing Everest whilst dragging up your mate in a wheelchair seems an awful lot harder than just climbing it in the first place.

Before that, I wouldn't have imagined that the humans of, say, 1900 weren't much different to the ancient romans in what they could achieve, so given this rate of advancement, are we destined to become super-humans in a hundred years or so ?

it all boils down to taking steroids or other componds to make you faster, they all take it, its just that the others have not been caught.

who,s next to go up the olympic blind one legged base ball team

Sponsored Links
i cant believe a group of climbers went past a climber in distress and basically left him to die while they went on to the summit. Absolute disgrace. ill find the news link for it

BOB.DOLE said:
What gets up my nose is this idiot goes up the summit of everest in a wheel chair and on the way down gets into difficulties and starts moaning that other climbers ignored his pleas for help.
This man HAS no brains has well as legs what the hell was this moron doing up there in the first place.

not quite shure what annoyes you on this one :LOL: :LOL:

would you climb everest on your bycycle ;)

where does it actualy say he climbed everest in a wheel chair!!!!!!

all i can actualy see is a man with prosthetic limbs arrives home in a wheel chair

have you never arived home in a "TESCOS" OR "ASDAS" wheelchair after a heavy night :D :D ;)

But he does hold the world record for the fastest descent!

:LOL: :LOL: ............I thought you meant Everest Glazing :rolleyes: Canvassing using crips for sympathy :LOL: ( I can say that cuz I`m one myself)...Oh yeah, wished I had a camcorder the other day.......went into a Sains. with M8....was stiff from sitting so was slower than usual ....came out and it started ****ing with rain .....M8 goes to get car .......GET THIS :LOL: :LOL: A fogie with a stick comes past me and walks faster than my mate to the blue badge area and jumps into badged car .didn`t want to get wet, poor dear ...Half of them want those sticks as a suppository :eek:

Saw one of my pet peeves the other day - badged car drove into a disabled space. No idea if the driver was disabled, 'cos she stayed in the car, but the passenger who jumped out and went into the store showed no signs of physical limitations whatsoever...

And another thing what does my head in is, it lookes well when a legless man can get to the top of mount everest and Rod hull could not even climb to the top of is house to fix an aerial he even had a giant bird strapped to is arm what is life coming too.

what next fist wheel chairman to mars, with yellow parking bays

Eddie M said:
But he does hold the world record for the fastest descent!

Probably not, we lost two fine young climbers some years back, in '82 .. they fell I believe - remember? Joe Tasker and his climbing partner Pete Boardman.. sadly missed.
-

Sponsored Links
Back