Expert knowledge required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope I'm in the right place with this post. I want to ask a question that someone in the trade will be able to answer for me.
PVA paint, does that mean anything to one of the regular experts that frequent the DIYNOT forums. I was advised that if I used it , it would stop the streaks and blotches 'bleeding' through from chemicals beneath the paint I am applying to a wall. I took a chance and painted over wallpaper and once it had dried it has left god awful marks. Short of stripping off the paper plus the three coats of expensive paint already applied. Somebody told me to find out about PVA and ask a professional painter or decorator for his opinion.
django47

Sponsored Links
I hope I'm in the right place with this post. I want to ask a question that someone in the trade will be able to answer for me.
PVA paint, does that mean anything to one of the regular experts that frequent the DIYNOT forums. I was advised that if I used it , it would stop the streaks and blotches 'bleeding' through from chemicals beneath the paint I am applying to a wall. I took a chance and painted over wallpaper and once it had dried it has left god awful marks. Short of stripping off the paper plus the three coats of expensive paint already applied. Somebody told me to find out about PVA and ask a professional painter or decorator for his opinion.
django47

Have never heard of PVA paint. Try asking in the decorators forum. PVA yes.

Best not use PVA & paint in the same sentence :LOL: ; the two don’t really go together. Zinnser is what you probably want but the "Decs" will advise. ;)

But painting over wallpaper :confused:

Sponsored Links
Best not use PVA & paint in the same sentence :LOL: ; the two don’t really go together. Zinnser is what you probably want but the "Decs" will advise. ;)

But painting over wallpaper :confused:
Thanks for reply. As I'm not a decorator by trade I haven't heard of it before. I was only looking for some advice from someone who had heard of it. I was given a piece of paper with, 'pva paint' written on it. The reason I posted here was because it being for the 'Trade', I reckoned their was more chance someone who is in the trade would read it and know what it is and could advise me.
Sorry I have put one or two noses out of joint, wasn't intentional.
(that last remark wasn't aimed at you Richard)

No I don't think you have at all; the advice you were given to "post the Decs" (& strictly speaking, I’m not one) was very good advice.

I think you may be confused as to what the “Trade” forum is about; every dedicated forum on DIYnot has several trade contributors as far as I'm aware so post whichever is relevant to your specific questions. ;)

No I don't think you have at all; the advice you were given to "post the Decs" (& strictly speaking, I’m not one) was very good advice.

I think you may be confused as to what the “Trade” forum is about; every dedicated forum on DIYnot has several trade contributors as far as I'm aware so post whichever is relevant to your specific questions. ;)
Sorry if I got wrong end of the stick Richard

The upsetters - return of Django . Is that likely :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back