Extending an L-Shaped house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at extending my house ,but would like to know if its going to be cost effective,if at all do-able.
Basically i have a 2 storey L-Shaped house and i want to make it square(ie normal shape) all the way up. The problem is that in the sitting room where the L meets(internal corner) i dont want any post or structure holding up the original corner ie i just want a square room with four walls.
Upstairs would remain as it is with the extra space made accesible through a hole in the wall

Sponsored Links
Your post is practically un-answerable with the little info you've provided.

However, anything is possible although whether its cost effective is another matter altogether.

Its a bit of a vague question, as lots more details would be required for a proper answer.

However, it is technically possible, but with this type of alteration the biggest issue will be the roof, and how it fits in with the exiting roof. The other is window positions if the new work will be where existing windows are

Also, this type of job will not be like a typical extension, tacked onto and merely accessed from the existing house. Rather, it seems like significant alterations will be required to the existing internal arrangement.

Sponsored Links
Heres a snap of the corner. The wall on the right is the gable end wall and just to the left out of shot would be the rear wall. So the intended new space would be directly outside that window

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back