Extending cable for water feature help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys 1st post here,

We are looking at buying a water feature for the garden and the electric cable that comes with it is 10m long. Now i think this will be abit to short to reach into the house once ive made a hole in the wall.

Can someone please tell me that its ok to extend the cable as it might have a transformer( not sure though) and whatconnection would i need to join cable? waterproof one? what are they called? and what make of cable would i need?

Thanks guys hoping someone can help me out asap as want to try and do it tomorrow if i get the answers.

micky!

Sponsored Links
assuming you will be pluging it in via an rcd, and you will not be buring the cable you need to get a waterproof connector and best to use arctic flex as it can withstand all types of weather

you can get both from any good diy shed , and i have seen them in q & b

but idealy there should be an external socket adjacent the water feature which is supplied in wire armoured cable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back