Extending cap between bottom of door and flooring!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, looking for abit of advice. Recently I put on 2 new doors in my property as can be seen in the image. However there is a 1.5cm cap between the bottom of the door and flooring. Just wondering what I could use to cover the cap which what stop the drafts. Ive looked at draft excluder's but they just don't cut it and wouldn't cover the cap. Any advice would be greatly. Thanks :D View media item 89433

Sponsored Links
Surface mounted brush strips on the doors. Hardwood threshold strips on the floors (although they may be a trip hazard). Possibly add a 10mm hardwood lipping to the bottoms of the doors, although these will need to be planed in and they will always show unless you can hide them beneath a kick plate (not really suitable on a domestic property, I feel). When I'm swinging doors I aim for 4 to 6mm gap beneath the door when closed.

Sponsored Links
Really designed for exterior use (hence the "flick-off" for drips). I was thinking more in terms of this sort of thing. Some manufacturers do these in brown or black, too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back