Extending Lighting Circuit & Suspended Plasterboard Ceil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put in some new lights in a part of my suspended ceiling - that parts easy. The nearest other lighting point to extend from is about 4m away.

The ceiling is suspended plasterboard attached to a normal metal framing system so the metal purlins attached to the plasterboard cause an obstruction of about 2cm high. I need to get the cable over them somehow and feed them to the other point about 4m away.

Anyone have any tips or tricks how to thread a piece of extension wire from an existing point to the new lighting point and over the purlins attached to the back of the plasterboard ceiling?

Sponsored Links
use a 'kinked' lid of some MT1 - you might need to make a mid 'hole' or tape two pieces together as they are only 3 m long

And make sure the entry and exit holes are reasonable size...

SB

PS No laffing now, I typed this and then just re-read it - sounds a bit 'carry on'!

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not really clear what a kinked lid is or MT1 - can you clarify?

Great idea to make a midway hole.

Thsnks again.

Sponsored Links
Odd how I cannot for the life of me find Barbara Windsor attractive even as a young 'un (guesing late 20's to early 30's? there). Because I know what she looks like NOW. And that voice. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Brilliant. That definitely looks like it will do the job...

Thanks for all the help guys - much appreciated.

ahem - and girls!

Thanks for the link ban.... and for being jargon free - must try harder at that

SB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back