External Weather Proof Sockets

it is true about the fountain (you can turn it off), but you should have a separate pump running the filter and U.V, although it may be agood idea to remove the u.v in winter too

Sponsored Links
8x8x3 deep, feed em filter em n thats it but suppose next year out comes the shovel to make it bigger !! Wasnt that large till the three koi arrived, before that 4 c8" koi n 2 6" g/fish and my previous calculation wrong on size, just short of 1200 galls (750 was b4). Keep ya fountain running to aid aeration of the water, especially on warm days, believe me you wont stop at 4 small goldfish !!
A 'mature' pond will cope with 2/3" of fish (excluding tail) per sq foot of surface area, halve this figure to allow for growth.
But dont go too mad with water condition, i.e. don't keep changing it, if pond only a few weeks old or recently refilled it will take a while for all the nice chemicals the water boards put in to dissipate and by keep changing water you make matters worse!!
Just thought, we're now miles off the original question!! So hows the power box working Graeme ?

Sockets working great thanks, just got the final coat of gloss on the cabinet and to cover the top and sides with the leftover grit paper from the shed roof and it's done.

I'll be getting the shovel out myself later this year, but not out the way I think I need to go up. Due to a high water table I could only dig to 1.5' before hitting solid clay and the niagra falls!! I'm thinking of getting a 1' wall built around the edge and lay a new liner ontop of that which should make it 2.5 deep and help it freezing over. It's currently 9x4 which is more than enough for the postage stamp size of a garden so i don't want it larger, but I like the thought of a stream..next year!

So I'll see you next year when you realise you need to buy the neighbours garden off them !!! Best of luck

Sponsored Links
Heh, I've still about 18' squared piece of grass left for future additions, the less grass the better I say!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back