extra outside light on same cable.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i would like to add another outside light. Curentley have one at end of house and would like another on same side but other end, I am planning on taking a 1.5mm cable from my existing light (the connection block inside light) to the connection block in my new light. The main feed is from a switched FCU with a 3 or 5 amp fuse in (not had time to check) but i know that the fcu is spurred of one of the sockets from ring main. the existing light and the new one have there own built in PIRs, with the power feeding the new light coming from the old one, will the PIR on new light still work on its own? any advise is welcome thanks.

Sponsored Links
From what you describe, with integral PIR's, that would work. What route will this new cable take?

route, as in how will cable get from old light to new light? streight along facia, (no guttering up at moment so can get cable right up to top of facia out of weather) with slight loop at each end to stop water running in to light.

Sponsored Links
Just wanted to raise a point about the type of cable used and its suitability for use outside where it may be susceptable to sunlight, weather, window cleaners, ladders etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back