Extra Socket

Thanks Breezer I understand what you are saying thats why I am checking with those that know first before I do any thing dont want safety issues..I have just been looking in my kitchen at the two double sockets on the same wall.they only have one cable going into them so I thought ok they are spurs but then I noticed above them two more metal back boxes covered over which these two power points come from ..they have got two cables going in each so the two below are not spurs they have just moved them down connected the two top cables together and only brought one cable down to the new posistion..It looks to me like they are originaly on the curcuit there for I could run two more doubles off those..am I right ?Thanks all for your help I do aprreciate it..

Sponsored Links
fraid not, one cable makes them a spur.

you could how ever take one of the cables going to the higer boxes out, pull it back put a socket on it, put another cable from this new socket back to where the first cable came from (if you see what i mean) this would then make the new socket a part of the ring :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back