Extractor fan help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, wondering if someone could help

I have a vent axia extractor fan in utility room of house we moved into not long ago.

A while ago I accidentally left it on and thought I’d knackered it. But went to look at it today and switched it on at socket and pulled the cord and it went on and seemed to be working.

However I then couldn’t get it to go back off by pulling the cord. I switched the socket off then on again and still running, so the pull cord doesn’t seem to be doing anything now. IMG_8402.jpeg

Sponsored Links
However I then couldn’t get it to go back off by pulling the cord.

Those built in pull cord switches, tended to get choked up by dust. A good clean out may fix it, or cut the cord, and add a second pull cord switch, ceiling mounted.

A long time ago, I had that happen. I took it apart and found it had a standard off-the-shelf microswitch, which fitted into a cavity moulded into the shell. I read the numbers off it and ordered a new one, might have been Maplins or Ebay, but it was really easy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back