extractor fan to plug.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all.
new to this and not very electrically minded.

i am wanting to connect 2 extractor fans to the same plug if possible and wondering what the size of flex is needed and whether it would still be a 3 amp fuse??

it will be connected to an extension lead ( runs 7 m to plug in garage )along with a light :oops: and an oscillating fan. the light instructions advise 2.5mm 3 core flex so should i just get more of this or can it be thinner ( and cheaper !! )

cheers for any advice

Sponsored Links
two flex in one plug are a bad idea.

you occasionally see it done, one of them often pulls out.

why not buy a multiway socket?

am just trying to save on plug space really. have 4 gang ext lead. but wanted 3 plugs to free up a plug for any diy in the shed. it shouldnt be a proble wiring 2 to 1 as i would notice if one fan wasnt working

Sponsored Links
when a wire pulls out of a plug, the not-working fan isn't what I'm concerned about. it's the loose live wire flopping about :eek:

cheers mate.

understand what your saying. bought a 6g extension lead. all sorted cheers

Umm - whereabouts are 2 fans and a light going to be such that they are 7m from a socket in the garage, and why?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back