F.28 on Vaillant ecoTEC plus 637 system Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Today we had a new kitchen installed and as part of the installation our old gas hob was taken out and the gas pipe cut back and capped off as it is no longer required.

When I got home from work I noticed the boiler was showing an F.28 error, meaning "Appliance does not start: Attempts to ignite during start
failed". All causes seem to suggest a gas supply issue:
- Gas meter or gas pressure detector defective
- Air in gas
- Gas flow pressure too low
- Fire protection tap has disengaged

The first thing I checked was that the gas had been turned back on. I confirmed this by turning on our gas fire which is working perfectly.

I've tried powering off the boiler a few times, but this error will not clear.

I feel sure this is related to the gas being temporarily turned off as it's too much of a coincidence that the boiler has failed on the same day!

Any idea what I need to do to get the boiler working again?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I managed to resolve the issue by pressing the reset button (button with the picture of a flame). I hadn't realised this was a reset button and also assumed that powering off and back on would have had the same effect as a reset, but obviously not.

After reset, all is okay.

Thanks for posting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back