F.A.O. Oilman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Oilman

Reference my concern about laying the 10mm oil pipe running down the garden on an incline from the boiler to the tank, is this anything to worry about ?

The bottom of the oil tank will be situated so that it is above the level of the oil burner by at least 300mm.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
My oil burner pump is about 3ft high from the floor, the floor is about 1.5 ft higher than my outside drive and the drive is another 1.5 ft higher than the base on which my oil tank rests. So even when oil tank is full, oil level is still below pump.
The pump is a suntec and is capable of pulling from a depth of 10 ft.
:rolleyes:

If the oil line is airtight there will be no problem. Even if the burner is above the tank bottom.

Sponsored Links
i have a problem with an rdb burner, it will run for 10 mins then will lock out, pump rattles as if starved of oil,when i vent pump, i get loads of air. after much venting, it will run again. same thing, tank is slightly lower than boiler and distance is about 20m. 15 mm pipe, any ideas? its had new oil pump [modified type], filters, and kbb,[fitted by others]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back