F25 error on boiler

Come to think of it no, it isn't connected to any power supply (I just presumed it was the pump as that's what the professional plumber told me it was)

Below is what my airing cupboard looks like. Would the pump be the blue thing and how do I bleed it as it doesn't seem to have a bleed valve. It does however have what feels like a nut about 1" - 1 1/2" in diameter around the back.

View media item 46098
I forgot to add, we don't have the set to come on at the moment, only the hot water and we still get this message. When we dont get the message sometimes we hardly get any hot water maybe 3" - 4" and other times we can get a full bath load before it starts to run cold

Sponsored Links
Get the copper pipe out of the water, that is where your air is meant to escape. It is meant to terminate a few inches above the water level, its called the 'open vent'.

The blue pump, the rough soldering and the Magnaclean are telling me this is a BG job?

Looking at the picture it is not clear whether your system has a bypass, probably need a pic of the gear from a plan elevation.

But if theres no bypass the boiler will lock out and can ultimately kill the heat exchanger due to thermal stress.

Get the copper pipe out of the water, that is where your air is meant to escape. It is meant to terminate a few inches above the water level, its called the 'open vent'.

I think the water level is too high and not the pipe too low.

The water should only be about 100 mm deep when system is cold.

The pump can be bled by loosening the black plastic cap conveniently facing away from you behind the pump! But those pumps dont seem to collect much air.

As its a BG boiler then its also likely to be a BG pump and installation.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back