Fading drive way / sealer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My driveway is large block paving slabs (not bric type) and the slabs are a very pale sandy colour, unfortantly I also live on a pretty busy road so the the drive gets filthy pretty quickly (black) and I'm finding I have to jet wash usually 2 or 3 times a year.

Overtime and re-peated jet washing the slabs are looking fadded now so I would like to sort this out. I've read about sealing the drive and that you can give it a kind of wet look which would enhance the colour of the stone and have a few questions.

1. If a sealer was applied, would the dirty just brush off after or would it still need jet washing ? If I did still need jet washing would the sealer be washed off and need to be re-applied.

2. I've seen sealer in the DIY shops for drives, is the DIY job or would you advise get someone in who knew about it in terms of what would work best on the type of stone Ive got ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
thompsons drive seal black 5 ltr tins from b q or focus or homebase £18 a tin i have a 50 ft x12foot concrete drive and ican cover that area with 2 tins and when its done it just looks like tarmac and it looks clean all the time it takes me 2 hours to hand brush it on but that means been on your knees for a couple of hours dont use a roller as it will just bubble if you do it on a sunny day you can walk on it after a hour but you must first give it a good sweep before applying ie no dust do 1 paving slab first leave for half hour then walk on it then do the rest people will think you have a tarmac drive i do mine once a year as when the frost hits it it flakes i do mine every april and if you do get the odd flaking just use a 5 inch emulsion brush i do all my drive with that brush when it gets dirty i just hose it down and it looks clean all the time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back