Falcon sewage treatment plants

D

dasfasfads

Hello all,

This is my first post on here. Delighted to join the forums as I have been watching for a while but not needed to join in, well, not until now.

So... I have just bought a property in the SW and need to get a sewage treatment plant installed. The buildings are next to a stream and the current septic tank almost failing.

I've just had a company out to check out our sewage system and they have recommended that I install a Flacon sewage treatment plant. However, when googling "Falcon sewage treatment plant" only one company - WTE - comes up, who I've never heard of. I can't find any prices anywhere for the Falcon units, which makes me concerned. Then, on searching this forum, only two threads come up for "Falcon sewage treatment plant". Are they that rare?

So... are the Falcon units good bits of kit? What sort of price is a unit (for 6-10 people)?

The system is going to have be installed very near to one building and I'm concerned about the smells... do most sewage treatment plants smell? Is there any way to stop them doing so?

Sorry if some of my questions have been answered a thousand times already on here. If so and you know the relevant link then please let me know!

Cheers all,
Chalkie

Sponsored Links
I think that you should be budgeting for about £10,000 !

There may well be all sorts of Building Regulations which it may not be possible to meet being so close to the buildings and the stream.

You may need to backtrack to a cesspool !

Could it have been sold because of impending problems with the sewerage?

When I was looking in France, I was shown this house with NO adjoining land at all on which to build a septic tank because the owner had fallen out with the adjoining landowner.

Tony

I think that you should be budgeting for about £10,000 !

There may well be all sorts of Building Regulations which it may not be possible to meet being so close to the buildings and the stream.

You may need to backtrack to a cesspool !

Could it have been sold because of impending problems with the sewerage?

When I was looking in France, I was shown this house with NO adjoining land at all on which to build a septic tank because the owner had fallen out with the adjoining landowner.

Tony

Wow, thank you for the super fast response!!

The property was sold with a whole host of issues and the sewage is the first one on our list of things to tackle. A relatively easy one to sort out (if expensive!).

Sponsored Links
It may well be possible to complete all thats required for half of that figure.

But we know nothing about the layout or why it was not sorted out before by previous owners.

But my fear is that there may be some regulatory problem involved.

Not helping that you require it to deal with a much larger number of people than the average family home so a larger unit will be needed.

If you are planning B&B then think of what you would do if it suddenly failed and how long it would take to get it sorted. i.e. What is the service backup and how far away!

Tony

Be careful. We had a Falcon plant installed by WRI and serviced by Sapphire (father and son!) and had nothing but problems. The installer does not respond, all they want is your money and then leave you in a pile of s… Suggest you look elsewhere and steer clear of these cowboys.

Have a look at Klargester. The biodisc in particular is tried and tested, with thousands of various sizes in daily use, and containing very little to go wrong. http://www.kingspanenviro.com/wastewater-drainage I work for a water company, and we have the larger versions treating effluent from entire villages. If you're that close to a stream then anything you install is going to have to be approved by the Environment Agency, and the last thing you need is a pollution.

Any apparatus dealing with sewage has the potential to smell, but as these units rely heavily on natural processes to work correctly, give them a helping hand. Keep use of detergents and cleaning chemicals to an absolute minimum, rainwater and any discharge from a water softener is a huge NO, and try and prevent any other rubbish going down the toilet, i.e. condoms, sanitary products, cotton buds etc, these wont break down in the tank. Let the unit do its job, and get it desludged and serviced on a regular basis and you should find it'll give many years of satisfactory operation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back