Fan on continuously!!!!(vokera pro combi)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Got home today and i have no hot water (or heating)
the boiler is a Vokera pro combi and it is on and the fan is running continuously
it only goes off, if boiler is turned off.
Help Please

Sponsored Links
its a budget boiler just branded Pro Combi, its not got a vokera badge on it but vokera make it. Piece of carp, look after a couple in park homes, nothing but trouble. Not come across that fault before but likely to be fan or pcb as a guess. Think it might just be a standard 240v fan in which case prob pcb, but i'd get someone out to do some proper fault finding.

Sponsored Links
hi again

45years- its flashing Red, no numbers as it does not have a digi display!

Is it always the Pcb, as thats all the advice on numerous other threads always say???
Are they all made in 'China' cheaply as all the parts available in the 'Parts section' of the paper left with me says vokera part no blahblahblah and i thought Vokera were good boilers?

Thanks again
Ps What cost££ is classed as a 'Cheap Boiler'

I'm not familiar with that model. Vokers do make good boilers but as mickyg says, this one is a budget model and therefore has a shorter life expectancy than more expensive models.

Nothing wrong with Vokera boilers!! Very popular around these parts & great boilers.

Firstly, are you a RGI & why do you think it's the PCB. There's a few componants kick-in before the fan!!!

hi
i aint a gas fitter and as mentioned in my op when you turn boiler on fan runs without demand and wont stop until power is turned off., Im asking due to the last time a BG engineer came out to look at older boiler he flooded the house(almost, water coming through ceiling) only doing a service , the time b4 another 'Expert' trying to change the red pressure vessel dropped the boiler while of the brackets but still attached to the pipework!! Dont want any problems this time so asking opinions would be helpful, so i thought.
You never know it could have been 'Youllneverguess'!!

Thanks for your reply.

Nothing wrong with Vokera boilers!! Very popular around these parts & great boilers.

Firstly, are you a RGI & why do you think it's the PCB. There's a few componants kick-in before the fan!!!

A faulty aps would not usually cause the fan to run with no external demand.
I'm not berating your boiler but it does say something about it after only 2 years service. Would need the operating sequence before trying to help with the fault. Guessing is not an option. I'd be looking at flow sensors and making sure all external controls are ok and not calling for the boiler fan to run.
Stew its not easy without being in front of the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back