FAO Agile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would put roasting stakes through his black heart ....if a alive !

if not

a broom handle ,

banged down as We aLL Celebrate ..

the brutal death of a blood sucker =solicitor :) :)

NO jury in the land would convict me .. :) :) :)

Sponsored Links
I had a distant relative die and the first I knew about this person was when a solicitor contacted me and said for a fee he would give me all the information and handle everything for me with regard to monies due from the estate. Well the upshot was that between them the government and the solicitors took threequarters of the money due to me' One solictor was actually working on behalf of another solicitor. A fiddle me thinks. A fact I only found out when all the monies had been taken. I have had other dealings with solicitors and Barristers over many years and the general feeling I received was that I was being grossly over charged and poorly represented. Just in case. My dealings with these people was as a business person not on the wrong side of the law. Neither profession could be called honourable. As for the government. Well you expect them to rob you. It is a given.

Still musn't grumble.

BE HAPPY

Fin said:
Go on Supersparky tell me your tales of woe but do not forget that generalisations are unhelpful. I am sure that many people would decry electricians but as rational thinking human beings, we can safely say that that is not the case. Similarly with lawyers, the vast majority work for very little reward and received more than their fair share of bad press.

Anyway this thread is not about the vagaries of what people do for a living or indeed the characteristics that people attributed to various employments. This thread is simply about treating other people kindly!
And then taking large amounts of money off them for very little effort. Very close to traffic wardens on the popularity stakes old chap.

Moz said:
I would put roasting stakes through his black heart ....if a alive !

if not

a broom handle ,

banged down as We aLL Celebrate ..

the brutal death of a blood sucker =solicitor :) :)

NO jury in the land would convict me .. :) :) :)
Your too kind!

Sponsored Links
Gee, you lot have really got it in for the legal profession. It's a funny thing about lawyers, when they get people what they want they're great and when you are on the loosing side they are all bastards

Probably, if their was a legal advice section in here, people would get some help

pickles
we are DIY here ..... lol

btw
EVERY GUY here belives he has his own legal advice section here ... some right an wrong on that diy job ... ,..lol :) :) :)

I stumbled on this because I was looking for a recipe for ice cream.

As others have pointed out I do give a lot of free advice mostly on the plumbing forum because that is where my main expertise lies.

I do this dispasionately and without using any bad language. Sometimes the real facts of our industry appear somewhat harsh. Other times the facts of the world are harsh.

I dont know which fellow Fin was refering to but one that comes to mind was a fellow who was doing three "A" levels including law. He wanted to give that up and do a plumbing apprenticeship even though he has a girlfriend taking a law degree.

All educated people will know that my advice to take a law degree first is the correct advice. I also know that his girlfriend will leave him sooner or later when immersed in a world of high earning and smooth talking and eloquent lawers although I did not say that to him. In the snooty legal world a solicitor just would not be promoted if their husband was known to be " just a plumber "!

I just encouraged him to take a degree first just as all learned judges would. Plumbing is going into a freefall situation with all the cheap labour from the extended EU and not a good profession for anyone to enter if they have an opportunity of getting a degree.

Its a simple fact of life that most solicitors charge £200-£400 per hour even when much of the work is done by a junior clerk. Criminal and immigration law is poorly paid but this is mostly done by overseas trained lawers who cannot do the full range of legal work.

Another fact of life is that, unlike plumbers and electricians, solicitors will not give free advice on web forums. There is another forum with a specific legal advice section but since it started three years ago not a single solicitor has dirtied his hands by even saying a single word.

Coincidentally, I do need a solicitor for two different jobs but I have a severe mental strain in employing a solicitor who charges more per hour than I would for a whole day.

Tony

Agile said:
Another fact of life is that, unlike plumbers and electricians, solicitors will not give free advice on web forums.

Granted I can't think of many, but I can think of at least one example of them posting on forums, actually the forum might even have two of hem :eek:

In addtiion, while not solicitors.....

another forum has a couple of magistrates, I know a different legal section entirly, but useful for legal advice to do with summery offences, etc.

and another forum I'm on has a couple of people on who are doing law at uni, and another guy who seems to know what he is talking about, but isn't actually in the law profession (kinda DIY law, I suppose)

Edit: I'd lost the ability top speak english

Amen Tony

Tony is one if not the top man on this here site, and the other rude one, he strives to give good advice and tells it like it is, or are you saying that people cannot handle the truth of the matter and need to be soft soaped through life???? If so I wish people were like that to me.

Maybe the ethos of working in law is different and people are treated kindly and taken care of all the time. May be thats the joy of having a degree I dont know for I, like many others working hard to make ends meet got a degree from the university of life, and a diploma from the school of having the **** kicked out of you (I know I paraphased blackadder softus, raden and all of the other beloved pedants here :) ;) )

Also Fin you said that we finish our jobs and go home, whereas you have to wait alll night for the police to call.

MMM so all those times I have haul my fat arse out to a flooding house at three am are figments of my imagination

Thanks for that matey, good to know that my job is a bed of roses compared to a hard up jobbing lawyer

Just read my sig

:):):)

I have to say that I do sympathise with some of the people who put in the effort to answer our DIY questions, and can also understand why they get a bit wound up.

Example : "My boiler doesn't work tell me what is wrong with it".

A perfectly resonable reply is to ask what the boiler does and doesn't do, what the make/model etc is, yet such requests are then met with hostility by the question poster as, I would imagine, their original question has not been answered. The post then descends into a bit of a slanging match.