Fascinating Insight Into Company Car Drivers

Sponsored Links
Fascinating in the sense that I never knew there were people who did not get beyond the playground WRT cars.
It's got to have an "i" on the back, "I'm not riding in a Maestro!", "My car's better than yours" and worse, "I shall only pull over if your car is superior to mine".....

FFS!

I watched that as a kid and remember the guy at 34:31 talking about the Maestro. Me and a mate of mine still quote him to this day!! What a legend!!

Sponsored Links
Cant be bothered to watch it all.
Company cars are tools OR perks, depends on the job.
My old company let you pick your own car up to a value (excludes salesmen), the MD's attitude was if you are paying income tax on it, you should choose it, although know one ever when to a cheaper car to save on income tax.

The maestro guy is CLEARLY about to get fired though, demotion through company car status symbol, swiftly followed by out on your arse

Nozzle

Dork once got into a lot of trouble with the board of directors because he started phasing out a 30+ fleet of Pug 405's & replaced them with Merc 190D's for all his travelling sales reps.

Dork was a hero to those reps but the board wanted to sack him . . . after refunding the company the difference in cost to the company of course.

It was a very nervous Dork that stood in front of the whole board & went through the actual cost of ownership, both historical & projected, & proved to them that the Merc's actually worked out cheaper.

Dork found the gonads to ask the board if they were willing to pay him the £money he had saved them.

The Co' car is much, much more than just a tool to get from A-B & if you think it is merely a 'perk' then you are obviously a few rungs down the ladder, so to speak. I had rep's sealing deals worth £100's of £1000's of pounds & you cannot turn up at a meeting in something that belches black smoke & dumps most of it's oil on a clients car park.

Sponsored Links
Back