fault with my indicators.

Sponsored Links
I checked there and I couldn't see it :confused: Maybe it's different in a 97?

Haynes manual says - The various relays are located behind the right-hand side of the facia and in the engine compartment.

I removed the facia completely and I saw nothing that resembled the relay that is in the picture I posted. Not sure about the engine compartment though?

Sponsored Links
from the pictures in the manual it looks like theres a good chance it could be there

Do you mean in the engine compartment? That would be the fuse/switch box beside the battery? The only item I can find there that seems relevant is a 15A fuse which says ''turn''. I swapped that out for the spare and it made no difference.

The bigger relays in that box are labelled ''head'', ''heater'', ''horn'', ''starter'', ''EFI Main''. ''engine main'' etc. Not sure what label I should be looking for.

Don't think so. Think it only clicks when the indicators work for a couple of seconds.

When my relay went it would click once when i pressed the hazard switch which helped locate the relay. Don't know what else to suggest on locating it. Maybe call into a local garage and see if they know where it is?

I found the flasher relay today. I took a chance, put the hazzards on and they stayed on long enough for me to find the switch. I could feel the vibrations of the switch flashing when I touched it. Thing is, it was very well sealed in. I didn't want to force it too much. Should it just plug out? if I pull firmly enough? I'd hate to break the pins of the plug?

Sponsored Links
Back