Faulty Sunvic Select XL 207 heating control panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All the display and lights have vanished from the control panel. None of the buttons work.

So at present we have no heating or hot water.

Checked the fuse box, changed the 2032 battery within the panel itself, but still nothing.

Haven't touched any wiring, but just from looking it doesn't look like theres any problem (no looses wires etc)

All I can think is it's the actual control panel itself but it was brand new less than 2 years ago...

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be??

Sponsored Links
Now that's where you've got me cos I don't have a clue about electrics! Can't see anything separate that may contain a fuse....

TRy looking for it near to your boiler or in the airing cupboard near the pump/valve if fitted it looks like a switch with a box next to it saying fuse

Sounds like it has blown the fuse so could be some other part of your heating has got a fault.

Nick

Sponsored Links
Thanks - just found a 3A fuse in airing cupboard connected to the pump. Will try replacing that and see if it sorts the problem! So if there is a fault with a different part of the central heating causing the fuse to blow will it be an elctrician or a plumber I'm best to call out!!??

plumber is your best bet to start with as normally they can sort out most electrical problems to do with a central heating system.
Can you post some pics of your airing cupboard/boiler area and we may be able to advise better if needed ponce you have tried the fuse.

Nick

If I took the front plate of the timer into work do you think one of the engineers would be able to test it to see if it's faulty or not using a mulitmeter?? This is just an idea, cos it may be cheaper for me to get a new front plate than call an engineer out for them to tell me that's what I need replacing.

Thanks for all your help

Depends what your work does as to whether or not they would be able to diagnose it is faulty or not. The fact that all the lights have gone out on it suggests no power getting to it so thats why we suggested the fuse in the spur, Are you sure there is no other spur that could have blown a fuse anywhere near the boiler or immersion cupboard. SOmetimes on these programmers there is a recesssed button on the rear which says reset on ot if you press it with a biro point it might start again. Again some pics would be helpful to diagnose it easier.

Nick

I have uploaded photos to see if they are of any help.

I cannot find any other spur and have pressed the reset button numerous times.

Right to see where you are now i think you need a multimeter to test for voltage at your programmer. if you have power there between the left two terminals then you have got a faulty programmer. Either that or the circuit feeding your spur that your heating runs off is faulty . As long as no fuses have blown or tripped in the fuse box then this is the next step .

Nick

So if I take the programmer panel off and take that into work and get them to test it with the multimeter I should get an answer as to whether its faulty or not?

Thanks for your help I shall see what they say on Monday.....

Emma

Problem sorted! It seems the programmer panel was most probably a second hand one, engineers at work took it apart and found that the circuit board had been tampered with. So my electrician installed a dodgy one in the first place!

Bought a new one and all working just fine now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back