Favourite Christmas tipple?

Does anybody here like very good quality Vodka such as "Absolut" which isn't made either in Russia or Poland as people probably think and it's often regarded as the worlds best Vodka. It's very tasty if you mix it with ice and a lovely nice fresh fruit juice or you can do small little glasses of it neat when eating good food with good company.

I also enjoy real proper ale and I enjoy Meade but I've not had any in a long time

I like decent quality French red wine

I like cold quality European beers such as pilsner style beers

I like Baileys Irish Cream especially when it's cold

I like real Guinness brewed in Ireland and drank in Dublin with live Irish music and a fire with the cold weather outside although I've never been to Ireland yet I plan to go.

Gordons gin with schweps and a slice of lemon combined with ice is refreshingly nice.

I nice quality Brandy can be quite nice after some food when the weathers cold

Absolut is Swedish is it not. Don't like vodka.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Amaretto. An almond based liqueur. Sickly sweet, and for me, not drinkable on it's own. Needs mixing with something or put in coffee. An Italian friend pours it over one of those Italian sponge cakes.

I can only have it neat and warm. Always loved Almond

Does anybody like cider?

Last edited by a moderator:
disaronno-velvet-70-cl.jpg

My wife has been out today and bought a bottle of mead. The plan is to have a little drinky poos on Solstice night, (21st December which is the official start of winter in the Pagan calendar), and if their is any left we will have some at Christmas.
My stepsons swear Grey Goose is the best vodka but as I stopped drinking vodka about 8 years ago I have never had it so don't know. Can drink Baileys like it is going out of fashion and never suffer any ill effects. As with my single malts I tend to use ice stones instead of ice. That way it doesn't get diluted and ruined.

My wife has been out today and bought a bottle of mead. The plan is to have a little drinky poos on Solstice night, (21st December which is the official start of winter in the Pagan calendar), and if their is any left we will have some at Christmas.
Sounds pleasant
Can drink Baileys like it is going out of fashion and never suffer any ill effects. As with my single malts I tend to use ice stones instead of ice. That way it doesn't get diluted and ruined.
Baileys with ice is nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back