favourite power tool

Right, I've tried the circular saw and router now (cutting a piece of kitchen end panel). The circular saw was great, I reckon it would make very light work of slicing a piece of decking lengthways (or a foot, or a hand :eek: )

The router was greater for tidying it up afterwards. I left about 3mm to plane off, glad I did! I used a spirit level clamped to the piece as a guide. I know it's only a bit of planing with a straight bit, but it made me feel like a proper carpenter :LOL:

Anyone tried those electric handsaws?

Sponsored Links
My favourite power tool has got to be the Ward 2a Capstan lathe. I spent a few years on one of these making all sorts of interesting stuff. Would love to have one in my own home, but it just aint practical.

On a positive note, I recently discovered my long lost Elu router. This used to be my pride and joy, but I thought it had been lost for ever. I wonder if it's as good as I remember.

Agreed Tex, Lathes are very useful pieces of kit, just wish the materials wern't so expensive, good job they had plenty of wastage in my old job ;)

Sponsored Links
My favorite power tool hangs between me legs !!! Just wish the missus liked it as much :p

Sponsored Links
Back