FCUs in kitchen - What can be wired into 1 FCU?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Id appreciate a bit of help/advice if anyone would be so kind, and my question/s are as follows:

Details: When planning the rennovation of my kitchen recently I found that the following items were all wired in a radial kind of format, off the same switched FCU (which is on a radial leg on the mains ring - 30a fuse at consumer unit):
- kitchen wall cabinet under unit lighting
- kitchen wall cabinet over unit strip light
- cooker hood (fan & light)
Question1: Is the above ok, or should they be split out to seperate FCU's?
Question2: Could all the kitchen wall cabinet under unit lighting be wired from the same FCU, even if it means the FCU feeds to a junction box in the ceiling cavity (floor is concrete) to provide the wiring to the units on the other side of the room, or would you need to provide another FCU on the other side of the room?

TIA
TeddieB

Sponsored Links
As long as this is all fed from the fused side of the FCU, and an appropriate fuse is in the holder, it is ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back