feasability

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for assisstance
I am underway with renovating and extending my house, i have attached a picture of the layout,

I am planning to install an oil fired combi boiler, size model ect to be determined, but basically it will be floor mounted in utility to deliver hot water and of course central heating, I also want to install a woodburning stove with back boiler that also delivers hot water and central heating, how do i combine them both on one system

Also while i am on , am i right in saying that if there is more than one simultaneous draw of hot water then you need storage tank.

Something tells me that this is a complicated setup.. I aim to get my oilsafe man on board, but want to do 1st fix myself, and am ready to do so, so ask advice.

Russell

View media item 51325

Sponsored Links
Firstly I would go for an external oil boiler much easier no noise inside the
property and no smell.

A wood burner and seal combi boiler system cannot share the same piping.

No need for water storage if you have a good mains cold supply say 20-25 litres. The oil combi can deliver fast water supply at around 20 litres a minute.

You will need to supply a gravity heat leak for the wood burner to
avoid kettling. Consult the manual for the wood burner on possible configurations.

It may be better to look at a thermal store to supply hot water and central heating rather than an oil combi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back