Feature Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm redecorating at the moment and will be having a couple of feature walls in some rooms. Basically, the rooms will be re-painted and a single wall papered with some nice paper.

My wife asked me the question "will you paint or paper first?" to which my immediate response was to paint first and paper second. This means that I don't have to worry about painting straight edges where the paper meets the paint.

Having thought about it a bit more, i think there could be an argument for doing this the other way round, as the emulsion should wipe off the paper pretty easily. Doing it this way round means you also don't have to wipe any paste off your newly painted walls.

So, at the moment I'm still thinking paint first, paper second, but I just thought I'd throw this out to the masses to see what the general consensus was.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
you'd still have to wipe the paste off your unpainted walls though wouldn't you? surely the paint won't like going over the paste?

you'd still have to wipe the paste off your unpainted walls though wouldn't you? surely the paint won't like going over the paste?

Sorry, yes I would be wiping the paste of the walls whatever.

I suppose what I'm saying is which is easier (or leaves less mess) - wiping paint off the wallpaper, or wiping paste of newly painted walls?

Paint first ! Patse can always be wiped from the painted walls with warm soapy water. The paint could get into the grain of the paper and may not come out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back