Felting onto Zinc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya

My friend has a flat roof that is leaking, he has tried aqua+ but it didn't last, can torch felt be burnt straight onto the zinc?

If I can burn straight onto it, is it pointless putting the underlay on or should it just be the cap sheet and nothing else and just put new fascia ontop of the felt at the edge?

Sponsored Links
I don't think it would be a good idea to felt over zinc. It's a short term solution, the felt and zinc expand and contract at different rates and would seperate over time.

The zinc shouldn't be leaking unless it's very old (100 years +). If it is still in good condition it could be a simple fix. i.e. a days work for a qualified tradesman.

If you send me some pictures of the roof and areas leaking then I could put you in touch with someone in your area that could give you a quote.

Hope this helps.

Hiya m8

Cheers for the reply, I also don't believe the zinc is leaking myself, my thoughts are that theres not enough cover under the slates, thus when the wind blows its blowing rain water back up under the slate which in turn is then dripping down behind the zinc

I will try and get some pics tho

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back